L2JMobius

Helios I can't figure out how to set the config settings for my IP

Freyr · 24 · 12505

Offline Freyr

• Heir
I test it in my windows 10 helios free version and the subscriber one and I din't have this problem . So I believe it can be your system operative or your java. I can't see other problem here . Tell me what OS you use please.

Windows 10 x64 education.

I never implied there were restrictions on the free version, i was just curious what could be the issue.

The thing is, like i mentioned above, this ONLY occurs when i edit LoginHostName in the LoginServer.ini.

P.S I see that you have GameServer up in your picture. The issue is with the LogIn console.

Online Stayway

• Duke
    • http://l2ahyura.com
I test it in my windows 10 helios free version and the subscriber one and I din't have this problem . So I believe it can be your system operative or your java. I can't see other problem here . Tell me what OS you use please.

Windows 10 x64 education.

I never implied there were restrictions on the free version, i was just curious what could be the issue.

The thing is, like i mentioned above, this ONLY occurs when i edit LoginHostName in the LoginServer.ini.

P.S I see that you have GameServer up in your picture. The issue is with the LogIn console.

I found it , but can't test more deep for now so I think you need test it if possible , what I did was :

1. I login with localhost 127.0.0.1 and I open the interface so is OK
2. Change it for other IP than I have no communication and Interface isn't open so is FAILED
3. Change it for other IP (my lan IP in this case 192.168.0.22 and Interface open . OK

I believe if you can't connect with your IP from outside it can happen no idea why , maybe Mobius has some explanation for it ,
I would like you make sure you can connect with your IP  and than try open the loginserver . Thank you

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
The is no need to change IP setting for online or local server.
Unless you want to specifically do something like use multiple DNS / DDOS protection or something.
The only thing needed is to unblock / forward ports.

Offline Freyr

• Heir
The is no need to change IP setting for online or local server.
Unless you want to specifically do something like use multiple DNS / DDOS protection or something.
The only thing needed is to unblock / forward ports.

So the only file i need to put my ip in is the ipconfig.xml? Or not at all? Should i just open ports and edit l2.ini with my IP for others to patch?

Offline Freyr

• Heir
Delete IPCONFIG.XML
just open ports and edit l2.ini with my IP for others

Mobius, if i'm correct you're from Greece? Is it a common issue for greek Isp's ( my friend has WIND) , to block port forwarding?

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
I cannot make a guide for it. Each modem has it's own settings.
Google "How to Forward Ports" and make sure you have enabled those ports on your firewall, or firewall is disabled.

Offline Freyr

• Heir
I cannot make a guide for it. Each modem has it's own settings.
Google "How to Forward Ports" and make sure you have enabled those ports on your firewall, or firewall is disabled.

After exhausting research i was happy to realize my IP is under CG-NAT :) gotta love those trash ISP's. I'm so pissed :D

Offline grincho

• Vassal
somebody help me ! When I run the gameserver, it says this, it just doesn't respond anymore, help me!

[29/04 10:20:39] Network Config: ipconfig.xml doesn't exist using automatic configuration...
[29/04 10:20:39] Network Config: Adding new subnet: 192.168.1.0/24 address: 192.168.1.106
[29/04 10:20:39] Network Config: Adding new subnet: 127.0.0.0/8 address: 127.0.0.1
[29/04 10:20:39] Network Config: Adding new subnet: 0.0.0.0/0 address: 212.58.103.3
[29/04 10:20:39] Loaded 6 Filter Words.
[29/04 10:20:39] ------------------------------------------------=[ Database ]
[29/04 10:21:16] Network Config: ipconfig.xml doesn't exist using automatic configuration...
[29/04 10:21:16] Network Config: Adding new subnet: 0.0.0.0/0 address: 212.58.103.3
[29/04 10:21:16] Loaded 6 Filter Words.