L2JMobius

Sell Development, Management and Consulting

Paiplayer · 30 · 11425

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
Since its SaaS, would it be possible to deploy a demo panel? Id love to try it and if it fits our needs we will proceed to purchase it

You can try it here (portuguese version). Call me at Discord then I can set you one character or send you the server system folder with Mobius free Crusader version I'm using to test stuff.
Want a developer? Check here or call me on Discord: PaiPlayer#5051

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
Can we use our custom DNS for the panel?
Also I dont need to try it that much, just want to see the features and the interface dynamically, you can create a dumb account and send me the infos by DM if you want :)

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
Can we use our custom DNS for the panel?
Also I dont need to try it that much, just want to see the features and the interface dynamically, you can create a dumb account and send me the infos by DM if you want :)

At the perfect scenario you MUST to set up your DNS to use your own URL on the panel.

Create an account there then DM me with the account_name and I'll set up the dummy.

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
Went with that panel instead, its free and open and self hostable and has a ton of amazing features

https://www.l2jbrasil.com/topic/144527-icpnetworks-v4-~~-multiplataform-l2j-l2off/?_fromLogin=1

Thanks tho if you think you might have an interesting feature that panel dosent have and you do, let me know.

Online Enryu

• Distinguished King
I don't recommend you to use any "free" UCP if you don't know PHP very well , they can be potentially exploied , mysql inject , etc . Many servers have been destroyed by this . Be careful.

Went with that panel instead, its free and open and self hostable and has a ton of amazing features

https://www.l2jbrasil.com/topic/144527-icpnetworks-v4-~~-multiplataform-l2j-l2off/?_fromLogin=1

Thanks tho if you think you might have an interesting feature that panel dosent have and you do, let me know.

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
I’m aware but at least I can see the code, we do know pho very well and it’s been checked and used by other people I know for a while and always had extremely good results. We checked the code and it’s alright, nothing suspicious with it.

And it was also my issue with SAAS< you basically give a open door to the server to that guy paiplayer and we dont know how he keeps his security in check and would allow a big backdoor in servers

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
I don't recommend you to use any "free" UCP if you don't know PHP very well , they can be potentially exploied , mysql inject , etc . Many servers have been destroyed by this . Be careful.

Agreed: ICP Networks did a good job on this, but a lot of the features shown on the video aren't really usefull to mostly servers, nothing can grant the panel stability nor security against invasion/inject (they use a "homebrew framework") and good luck translating it all :-)

Posting "free versions" here will not change my position. As I said, if any of my customer's want any of that features I can easly copy and improve them with no "real cost", as the cost itself can be paid as an extended subscription.

I’m aware but at least I can see the code, we do know pho very well and it’s been checked and used by other people I know for a while and always had extremely good results. We checked the code and it’s alright, nothing suspicious with it.

And it was also my issue with SAAS< you basically give a open door to the server to that guy paiplayer and we dont know how he keeps his security in check and would allow a big backdoor in servers

I wouldn't have anything to gain by "crashing" anyone's server, mainly due to the fact that being a SaaS with happy customers will only increase my customer base. I'm work with IT since 2002, with server administration, development and database security since 2006, then I can say I know what I'm doing. You've come here with a post link from the most known leaking font forum from Brazil and want to put my integrity on check? Please stop beign silly.

Create an account there then DM me with the account_name and I'll set up the dummy.

You've didn't make the account nor contacted me to "receive the character". With that I can confirm you didn't even tested the basic panel features. Then your opinion about "lack of features" is, basically, useless.

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
Relax man, Im not saying your thing is not good, I just personally dont like the SaaS model, just wanted to show you what I went with in case you had one last argument to convince me to go with it but I dont have anything against your project, I just dont like opening direct access to the server to a third party...

Good luck tho

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
Relax man, Im not saying your thing is not good, I just personally dont like the SaaS model, just wanted to show you what I went with in case you had one last argument to convince me to go with it but I dont have anything against your project, I just dont like opening direct access to a third party...

No, what you did was come to my post and question the seriousness of my work by presenting a dubious source. If you wanted to negotiate like an adult, you would have called me privately and asked for a proposal, as several other users have done (and continue to do).

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
Well, good for you?
But its not the case for my part...

Have a good one man

Offline Mechagon3k

• Knight
I doubt about this "as several other users have done"... but who knows.

I don't like it and I don't have trust in such type of projects. (It's my opinion of course and don't get it personal). GL

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
I doubt about this "as several other users have done"... but who knows.

I don't like it and I don't have trust in such type of projects. (It's my opinion of course and don't get it personal). GL

Well, no one really trusted on any "project" at it starts, even Mobius probably had some struggling on the bare start of his project. Takes time to people start to see what someone is capable of, build trust and, then, their work's quality to stand by itself. About that I'm not worried, my company take five years to get some clients and to huild a decent portifolio.

No one starts from "nowhere" with people's trust, I know that. Some people can "start big" because of previous successfull projects or their "big pockets". People has the right to have an opinion, and I respect that. You're not obligated to accept my words either, as I'm not allowed to discuss nor spread the names from who else start a talk to me about the project, unless they gave me the right to do it.

To me, trust is very important and is a personal issue. Then I'll be 100% transparent and open my out-of-forum life to who else want to konw me more:

My business website: https://www.poaweb.com.br
My personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anibal-duarte/
My personal Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anibalduartebdeoliveira

There's a complete list of my knowledge base, my previous works and my personal working history and my personal background. Be free to add and/or to reach my clients and personal contacts to ask them about my previous jobs or myself.

I want to be clear: I'm here to earn money and help people, in this order of importance. I'm not a clown to play when working and I take security and privacy questions very seriously, even If I need to open my own life to ensure any client-to-be to know who I'm really are as I have nothing to hide.

Offline GenesisIIX

• Knight
maybe its just not the right business model, youre trying to offer to your very aimed targeted audience (who specialized in self hosting) a SaaS model when they are clearly servers enthusiasts...
Seems like business knowledge 101 to me

Offline Paiplayer

• Knight
maybe its just not the right business model, youre trying to offer to your very aimed targeted audience (who specialized in self hosting) a SaaS model when they are clearly servers enthusiasts...
Seems like business knowledge 101 to me

The main reason to me to offer my Pannel as SaaS is because two customers wanted it like that, then I had the idea to make it a "business model". If this model doesn't fit with your needs I'm okay with that, but just stop to coming here and seeding doubts over it if you even know what you talking about.

Why? Because your affirmation of "I can see the code, we do know pho very well and it’s been checked and used by other people I know for a while and always had extremely good results" has no value, first because it's rely no the information of third-party people that, as they have a chance, they just leech free contents and use on servers with less than 100 players and live less than 3 months, bankrupt then reopen with another name months later. Also, as I can see (and anyone that really knows PHP and download these ICP codes), their entire "engine" is a homebrew bunch of files with not a single protection or filter against query string injection, nor object-oriented or MVC structure: it's a big mess of includes, classes and functions with zero documentation. I've coded like that on early days and stopped doing things like that when I learn how PHP should work properly. You can show it to any Senior PHP developer, I bet they're point the same problems on minutes of analysis.

As conclusion: what I'm offering is, for sure, an very-small-audience-targeting product, but my knowledge on the contexts of this audience come from more than a decade of working within it and I really know what I'm takling about. And please don't get me wrokg, but some of these "enthusiasts" you saying can't even startup a local server without using WAMP and/or reading some tutorials more than once, or even know how to open ports on SO to let it accessible worldwide. Some of them don't even know basic CRUD concepts, as the database user's can have ready-only permissions on tables. Then, a huge part of my "small audience" aren't "specialized in self hosting" nor even close to that, and I'm willing to help them as I could, and that includes to not enter on random people posts and say they're not reliable because theirn't known.