L2JMobius

High Five level difference between player and mobs

Susuy · 7 · 1948

Offline Susuy

• Heir
Is there any option where I can remove the limit of 9 levels between the player and the mob to receive xp?

Offline Lowryn3

• Vassal
Character.ini

# PARTY XP DISTRIBUTION
# With "auto method" member is cut from Exp/SP distribution when his share is lower than party bonus acquired for him (30% for 2 member party).
# In that case he will not receive any Exp/SP from party and is not counted for party bonus.
# If you don't want to have a cutoff point for party members' XP distribution, set the first option to "none".
# Available Options: auto, level, percentage, highfive, none
# Default: level
PartyXpCutoffMethod = level

maybe set to none fix ur issue

Offline Susuy

• Heir
This option only works for players in a party. What I'm looking for is the restriction between the player and the monster. By default this restriction is 9 levels, I want to remove this restriction.

Offline SavitarGodOfSpeed

• Baron
  • Here to gain knowledge
I would suggest you to NOT remove it. This is how levels work.

If you remove it then players will abuse it and will prefer to go to an area with weaker monsters to farm so they cam farm faster.

Or even worse if you are running a low rates server without this limit people will go to areas with the highest exp so they can one mob their way to max level.

It will be better if you adjust the level of the mob itself.

Limits and safeties are existing for a reason, even if you don't understand it now later on it will make sense.

Offline Susuy

• Heir
I appreciate the advice but I need to remove this 9 level limitation between player and monsters.
this limitation is already ignored when players are in a party.
my server is not retail so removing this limitation will not impact negatively.

Online CostyKiller

• Distinguished King
Check Attackable.java, search for "Calculate Exp and SP rewards".