L2JMobius

A DB error during server installation

wutanglv · 9 · 2925

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
Hello there!

17 years L2 player veteran here.
Long story short, I wanted to create a server and fiddle around with it, possibly turning it into an actual game server. Last time i made a server was 10 years ago, and it had way different requirements and setups that needed to be done.

I started using the provided guide, all fine and dandy, however..

Just at the #7 where's written " Click on the "X" button next to MySQL." - There's no X. Just "start". But, it did launch.

However, next step is where it gets kinky.

#8 step -  Use "Database_Installer_GS.exe" to install the gameserver database. As soon as I open that window, and attempt to run it, it says that It cannot find database. Ofc, I figure that you still need some kind of DB manager like navicat. But this one asks for maria-db. Well i found Maria, but there are several options to choose from (java7, java8/etc). Which one is correct one and is it possible to update the guide with setting up database manager and connector as well? That would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I love the things you've done here guys! I may even start contributing too!

Wu

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
You do not need any database manager program.

You miss mariadb library.
Did you compile the files?

Also check this.
How to install OpenJDK 14 on windows

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
Hello, Mobius. Thank you for swift reply.

Yes, I did compile the files, it was a success.

I just installed the JRE, turns out I did install that but I did not add the environment variables.

Let's see how that goes now.

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
https://failiem.lv/u/dq7ra5fd9#/view/82p9qea9z

Here's the pic of how my XAMPP appears. Again, i see no X, but the mysql server is running. I did allow the ports @fw as well.

I did also recompile the project, unzipped it again. I'll see what happens now.

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
I did manage to start it, the server is running! Thanks a lot!

Now, i'll attempt to connect, hopefully it wont be much of an issue. Then i'll have to reconfigure it so my friends can join in the fray!

All things are working. I just realised that Epilogue doesn't have freya, sel mahums, and those things in it, so I guess i'll have to pull H5 version. :)

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
Hello.

https://failiem.lv/u/d5vxzzybd#/view/trcbmjdjg

There's a problem with CT2.6 H5 client that was provided. I cannot install either of the provided clients (tried both), several times. I even tried disabling UAC, running as administrator, compatibility mode, and pretty much anything else that I could think of.

Is there a file missing there, or something else is up here?

Online Liamxroy

• Grand Duke
    • Adenaplease!
Hello.

https://failiem.lv/u/d5vxzzybd#/view/trcbmjdjg

There's a problem with CT2.6 H5 client that was provided. I cannot install either of the provided clients (tried both), several times. I even tried disabling UAC, running as administrator, compatibility mode, and pretty much anything else that I could think of.

Is there a file missing there, or something else is up here?

Just download it, it works just fine. Scan your pc for trojans or viruses.

Offline wutanglv

• Heir
  • Roll Initiative!
PC's fine. I had to disable UAC through regedit, then it worked. Turns out, for Win10 its not uncommon to get these kind of prompts and errors. :) Thanks anyway!