L2JMobius

C6 Error installer in Linux Ubuntu

tevsko · 17 · 6819

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
Hi, I'm new to this forum and the truth is that the great work they do here is very good, and that's why I'm staying here,
I tell you, I am using IL to build my private project, using Windows Server 2016 and everything works very well,
Now the problem is that I want to use UBUNTU Linux, and I can't compile the ant build, and I don't know how to install the data base since the .SH is not in the installation folder, only the EXE jar is, so how do I install Mobius? C6 in Ubuntu Linux,
I have not found any guide on how to do everything since I install from the console, I do not have a graphical environment, since the VPS is by console only, so I need to know the installation commands,
Now I tell you that when I want to compile the build in ant in some place I have an error in row 36,

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
I can't understand, nobody installed the interlude project on linux? No one has information to make it work?

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
I do not use linux and do not have a guide for it, but there are several people that do.
I guess it wont be any more different than any other l2j project.

Offline andrei

• Knight
  • In a world of science, dreams are precious..
Hello Tevsko,

I run Gracia Epilogue under Linux. Unlike you, I am using CentOS as I use it for work too.

Code: [Select]
# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 8.0.1905 (Core)

All I did was to install Ant and download Java 12, as mentioned by Mobius.

# ls -1
java-openjdk-12.0.0.33-1.ea.1.rolling.fc30.x86_64.rpm
java-openjdk-headless-12.0.0.33-1.ea.1.rolling.fc30.x86_64.rpm

After installing both, I cloned the git repository and compiled the Epilogue branch.

Before doing that I added the JDK 12 binary path in the PATH variable (for me /opt/jdk/bin). I also updated the build.xml to include the new path to "javac" compiler too (see below setting for executable option):

<target name="compile" depends="init" description="Compile the source.">
                <javac srcdir="${src}" classpathref="classpath" destdir="${build.bin}" compiler="modern" debug="true" debuglevel="lines,vars,source" includeantruntime="false" source="12" target="12" encoding="UTF-8" fork="yes" executable="/opt/jdk/bin/javac"/>
        </target>

Finally, run, in the directory where build.xml is:

ant compile
ant jar

You fill find the compiled jars at ../build/dist/libs/*jar

Hope it helps :) Yes, there are more things to do afterwards for running it, but nothing special. Just adapt the .sh files to your needs and run it in background via systemd or other supervising tools.

Best regards,
Andrei

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
I do not use linux and do not have a guide for it, but there are several people that do.
I guess it wont be any more different than any other l2j project.

grace is very good help, and I'm going to verify it,
  Now I leave the error I have, since everything else is perfect, I could compile, I could install the database
  but the error when starting the loginserver is the following

ERROR com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool - HikariPool-1 - Exception during pool initialization. java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Hello Tevsko,

I run Gracia Epilogue under Linux. Unlike you, I am using CentOS as I use it for work too.

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 8.0.1905 (Core)

All I did was to install Ant and download Java 12, as mentioned by Mobius.

# ls -1
java-openjdk-12.0.0.33-1.ea.1.rolling.fc30.x86_64.rpm
java-openjdk-headless-12.0.0.33-1.ea.1.rolling.fc30.x86_64.rpm

After installing both, I cloned the git repository and compiled the Epilogue branch.

Before doing that I added the JDK 12 binary path in the PATH variable (for me /opt/jdk/bin). I also updated the build.xml to include the new path to "javac" compiler too (see below setting for executable option):

<target name="compile" depends="init" description="Compile the source.">
                <javac srcdir="${src}" classpathref="classpath" destdir="${build.bin}" compiler="modern" debug="true" debuglevel="lines,vars,source" includeantruntime="false" source="12" target="12" encoding="UTF-8" fork="yes" executable="/opt/jdk/bin/javac"/>
        </target>

Finally, run, in the directory where build.xml is:

ant compile
ant jar

You fill find the compiled jars at ../build/dist/libs/*jar

Hope it helps :) Yes, there are more things to do afterwards for running it, but nothing special. Just adapt the .sh files to your needs and run it in background via systemd or other supervising tools.

Best regards,
Andrei

Thanks for the information, I will take some of your advice, before changing "ubunto" to centOS and then I tell you how it went

Offline djpliku92

• Heir
I have my server running on Ubuntu, hit me up on discord and I will explain how to run it properly.
Discord:
-Pliku-#1776

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
I have my server running on Ubuntu, hit me up on discord and I will explain how to run it properly.
Discord:
-Pliku-#1776

great i understand
I also leave the complete error, I clarify that the revision I want to use is the C6 interlude
  I leave the error
[18/12 02:21:06] ------------------------------------------------=[ Database ]
[main] INFO com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource - HikariPool-1 - Starting...
[main] ERROR com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool - HikariPool-1 - Exception during pool initialization.
java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:238)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.getException(ExceptionMapper.java:171)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:1132)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:620)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbConnection.newConnection(MariaDbConnection.java:175)
        at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:92)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.util.DriverDataSource.getConnection(DriverDataSource.java:138)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newConnection(PoolBase.java:353)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newPoolEntry(PoolBase.java:201)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.createPoolEntry(HikariPool.java:473)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:562)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.<init>(HikariPool.java:115)
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource.getConnection(HikariDataSource.java:112)
        at org.l2jmobius.commons.database.DatabaseFactory.init(DatabaseFactory.java:48)
        at org.l2jmobius.gameserver.GameServer.<init>(GameServer.java:178)
        at org.l2jmobius.gameserver.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:615)

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Offline andrei

• Knight

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I tell you, I started to run H5 from l2jserver and I have no problems with the connections, so I do not understand why, when I start the server IL it gives me that error, since I use mariadb and in l2jserver it works and in l2jmobiusc6 I do not run
Check the MySQL credentials in config.
I use Maria DB, is it the same? If l2jserver works, does that mean the error is in the hikari access?

Offline andrei

• Knight
MariaDB is a fork of MySQL Server. They are compatible :)

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
MariaDB is a fork of MySQL Server. They are compatible :)

Of course I understand, then because it does not connect Mobius C6 and l2jserver if it makes connection

Offline djpliku92

• Heir
Change the following in order to make it work with MySQL:
# Default: jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobius?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=falseto
# Default: jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jmobius?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false

Offline tevsko

• Knight
    • L2Babylon
Change the following in order to make it work with MySQL:
# Default: jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobius?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=falseto
# Default: jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jmobius?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false

I tell you, the mobius H5 version works perfectly, and the mobiusC6 version does not connect, someone who can help, or upgrade the hikari libraries from 1.7.25 to 1.7.30 can I do it myself? to make connection .. I hope prompt answers, thanks