L2JMobius

Help: Could not connect to Authentication Server

runU · 1 · 2901

Offline runU

• Vassal
Sorry to say I am a terrible scrub.
I have followed "https://l2jmobius.org/forum/index.php?topic=3231.0" and everything appeared to finally be working until I tried to login to client and got the error "Could not connect to Authentication Server".

I tried looking for a solution via the search but couldn't quite find the answer.
When I start GameServer and LoginServer the mouse cursor loads for a brief second but then no application pops up.
Is this normal? Maybe these applications are running in the background  :-[
XAMMP seems to be doing its job, showing: Status change detected: running.
Maybe it could be my database URLs? I left them as default, but looking at phpmyadmin the database is named l2mobius, while the URLs in login/game config seem foreign. "jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobiusdad?" for example is the one in the LoginServer.

The Server/Client are the Saviors 2.0 versions.

Maybe I should just delete files and restart from beginning with a different package?

Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if I should post more information.

Edit: I've noticed when I try to run the RegisterGameServer.bat I get the following error.
https://gyazo.com/ec3de94c1add5cd0bdb2f745c3f8b926
At this point I have several versions of the JDK and JRE on my computer but I've made sure home is pointing to the latest version of the JDK I have (jdk1.8.0_141) and that the paths are set for both the JDK and latest JRE (jre1.8.0_231). Perhaps I am reading this wrong and the class file version is not compatible with newer versions? In which case I'm not sure what I would do. Though I will keep trying to figure it out. :)

Edit 2: I saw this was possibly not the latest version of the JDK. I pointed home toward (jdk-13.0.1) but the problem persists.

Edit 3: I uninstalled all versions of the JDK/JRE. Installed the JDK as prescribed by your guide, reset home, path, etc. tried to run the RegisterGameServer.bat again and got an error about database location. I changed the URL to match my database location (jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobius) for both server config files, and BOOM, bat executed properly. I am able to connect to the server now, only problem is L2Mobius symbol keeps popping up, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks Mobius for guide and files, thanks Reynaldo Bernard for the youtube guide to setting up the server. Sorry for all noob post, you're welcome to delete it now.