L2JMobius

Grand Crusade World of Warcraft style resurrection and scroll of escape

pipipopo · 5 · 2983

Offline pipipopo

• Knight
A hearthstone is an enchanted stone that can teleport the wielder to the location it is bound to, such as an inn. All characters receive a Hearthstone upon creation that returns them to their starting area. Asking an innkeeper to "make this inn your home" will set that as your new home location. Should the player destroy their hearthstone, they can recreate one by simply speaking to an innkeeper.
I'm not a fan of the game but I need to limit my players ability of getting from one town to another one. I do not want them to cross borders and die or soe out. I figured I'd add an option to "Make *town* your hometown" in gatekeepers. That's easy but I should also add new column in characters where I will be saving last town player made his town. Finally I'll just fetch that value from database when character uses soe or resurrects in town and send them to correct location.

I'm not very good at sql. Can anyone point me the right direction? Which files are responsible for writing / fetching values from db and what is the best way to add extra column without messing up everything else?

Offline Pall1S

• Knight
i have few suggestions.
1st. Use Escape skill, it shows in skills and teleports you to nearest tower.
2nd. Use aghation, take or create custom aghation add all tp skills to 1 aghations
3rd. Make bunch of custom aghations. Make custom html line and multysell into gatekeeper. take 1 primary aghation and in mulltyshop you can exchange it to same but diff id that have another tp skill
4th. Take item, like tutorial book, change html add tp buttons, so players open book and they can  choose where to tp from anywhere.

Offline pipipopo

• Knight
i have few suggestions.
1st. Use Escape skill, it shows in skills and teleports you to nearest tower.
2nd. Use aghation, take or create custom aghation add all tp skills to 1 aghations
3rd. Make bunch of custom aghations. Make custom html line and multysell into gatekeeper. take 1 primary aghation and in mulltyshop you can exchange it to same but diff id that have another tp skill
4th. Take item, like tutorial book, change html add tp buttons, so players open book and they can  choose where to tp from anywhere.
Thanks but that's not what I asked for. I wanted to stop players from taking advantage of scroll of escape to get around easily. I added column "hometown" to characters and edit gatekeepers to have a button that writes int corresponding to the town to "hometown". Then edited re-spawn and teleport to just take you to that town.

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
I have done it in the past.
See MapRegionManager getTeleToLocation code
or by datapack game\data\mapregion remove all respawnPoint and add your own.

Online Liamxroy

• Grand Duke
    • Adenaplease!