L2JMobius

Hello Everyone

flanagak · 4 · 2688

Offline flanagak

• Heir
Hello all,

Well new here to Mobius project and wanted to introduce myself.

My wife, myself and our 3 children are ALL gamers.
Currently we enjoy playing FFXIV online and Lineage 2 on our own private server at home.

We started our L2 journey way back in 2009 playing on the Drunken L2 private server run by Beowolf and Homero.  Since I was a junior software developer at that time, I started working on customizations for/with them.  Even wrote a nifty L2 client updater/launcher.

Since then we had moved away from L2 for several years while playing FFXIV pretty much exclusively.

Now we have found our way back to L2 and I have once again setup a private server.  I obviously started out with L2J because that was what I had used in the past while working with the Drunken L2 guys.

As I was digging around for events/mods/datapacks looking for things I could add to our local server I found MOBIUS!!

I have now subscribed to the SVN and I am hoping to put my years of software development and love of MMOs to good use in the L2 Mobius community.  ;D

Best Regards and nice to meet everyone,
--flanagak--

Online Mobius

• Distinguished King
Welcome flanagak.
I am happy we have someone that played for years one of my favorite games.

A gamers intuition on how things should work, is always good to have.
Unless he is an L2 player.  ;D

Offline flanagak

• Heir
Glad to be here. :D

We started our MMO journey in 2003 when we bought, our then 12 year old son, FFXI for Christmas.  On Christmas day we installed FFXI on his machine and watched him play for like 3-4 hours.  We liked it so much we went out and bought 3 more copies within the next day or so, we were now hooked!

We played FFXI for just over 6 years and in fact my son met his now wife on FFXI.
This is when I first got involved with coding, while writing bots and memory readers for FFXI.  My son even began to help making the tools and because of it today is working as a QA/Junior Dev.
I was in a linkshell with the person that created the FFXI server emulator "Darkstar Project" and in fact worked on the project for about 6 months with him.

We moved on to play several other MMOs over the years.
Lineage 2 Hellbound
PSU (Phantasy Star Unlimited)
Lineage 2 Gracia
Aion
Terra
ARK Unlimited
FFXIV
Lineage 2 Hi5 (L2JServer)

Can we see a pattern here.... we seem to come back to L2 over and over .... LOL
Mostly it is my wife, my son and myself playing these,

So if you ever see us around say hello :D
Raylea  -  my wife
Randfal  -  my son
Lisander  - me

--flanagak--

Online Liamxroy

• Grand Duke
    • Adenaplease!
welcome ,
Im also a father with 2 kids and we are all gamers.

Enjoy your stay!