L2JMobius

Assassin Login Server Terminated Abnormally

FATCAT · 8 · 534

Offline FATCAT

• Vassal
Hello,
Getting this error message when  trying to run LoginServer.vbs script.

Using all the default settings and ports, here are my log files:
error0.log
Mar 03, 2024 8:50:09 AM org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginServer <init>
SEVERE: FATAL: Failed to start the Game Server Listener. Reason: Address already in use: bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
   at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
   at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:555)
   at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:544)
   at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.bind(NioSocketImpl.java:643)
   at java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:388)
   at java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:274)
   at org.l2jmobius.loginserver.FloodProtectedListener.<init>(FloodProtectedListener.java:47)
   at org.l2jmobius.loginserver.GameServerListener.<init>(GameServerListener.java:35)
   at org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginServer.<init>(LoginServer.java:126)
   at org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginServer.main(LoginServer.java:58)

java0.log
2024.03.03 08:50:08,831   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.commons.database.DatabaseFactory   Database: Initialized.
2024.03.03 08:50:08,847   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.commons.threads.ThreadPool   ThreadPool: Initialized
2024.03.03 08:50:08,848   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.commons.threads.ThreadPool   ...scheduled pool executor with 2 total threads.
2024.03.03 08:50:08,848   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.commons.threads.ThreadPool   ...instant pool executor with 2 total threads.
2024.03.03 08:50:08,850   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginController   Loading LoginController...
2024.03.03 08:50:09,020   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginController   Cached 10 KeyPairs for RSA communication.
2024.03.03 08:50:09,064   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.GameServerTable   Loaded 127 server names.
2024.03.03 08:50:09,065   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.GameServerTable   Loaded 1 registered Game Servers.
2024.03.03 08:50:09,084   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.GameServerTable   Cached 10 RSA keys for Game Server communication.
2024.03.03 08:50:09,087   INFO   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginServer   Loaded 2 IP Bans.
2024.03.03 08:50:09,087   SEVERE   1   org.l2jmobius.loginserver.LoginServer   FATAL: Failed to start the Game Server Listener. Reason: Address already in use: bind

Online dramaa

• Elder
i am not a pro but...
SEVERE: FATAL: Failed to start the Game Server Listener. Reason: Address already in use: bind
most likely something else is using same address, i believe in address it's means port

Offline FATCAT

• Vassal
i am not a pro but...
most likely something else is using same address, i believe in address it's means port

Yes, I have noticed that too, so decided to ask if somebody was experiencing something like this because I couldn't figure out myself on fixing this issue.
I have tried changing LoginPort from default 9014 to 9015

And this seems to have solved the problem because LS and GS are booting up.

But I assume, I have to configure L2.ini(?) inside my system folder to use 9015 ports, but I don't have tools for editing .ini files.
Found L2FileEdit by  L2Mike on Github, but Windows Defender is blocking it and I was wondering if there are any other better options?

Online dramaa

• Elder
Yes, I have noticed that too, so decided to ask if somebody was experiencing something like this because I couldn't figure out myself on fixing this issue.
I have tried changing LoginPort from default 9014 to 9015

And this seems to have solved the problem because LS and GS are booting up.

But I assume, I have to configure L2.ini(?) inside my system folder to use 9015 ports, but I don't have tools for editing .ini files.
Found L2FileEdit by  L2Mike on Github, but Windows Defender is blocking it and I was wondering if there are any other better options?

look if you run it on your pc only for you, you dont have to change anything, if you want to run it online, you just open ports and then change ipaddr in l2.ini, mobius manages ips on it's own when ports are open. your problem is not connected to l2.ini, it's something about ip, did you changed anything in server or login xml, back it on how it was

Offline FATCAT

• Vassal
look if you run it on your pc only for you, you dont have to change anything, if you want to run it online, you just open ports and then change ipaddr in l2.ini, mobius manages ips on it's own when ports are open. your problem is not connected to l2.ini, it's something about ip, did you changed anything in server or login xml, back it on how it was

Yes, I want to run it locally.
When I don't change anything and keep default ports (9014) then I get "Login Server terminated abnormally", when starting LoginServer.vbs script, as I described in the first post.

I used this guide https://l2jmobius.org/forum/index.php?topic=3231.0 and have done everything as shown.

I'm a little bit confused about "ipaddr in l2.ini" part you mentioned above, could you please expand a little bit more on this? And how do you edit l2.ini, what tools are you using for editing?

Online dramaa

• Elder
Yes, I want to run it locally.
When I don't change anything and keep default ports (9014) then I get "Login Server terminated abnormally", when starting LoginServer.vbs script, as I described in the first post.

I used this guide https://l2jmobius.org/forum/index.php?topic=3231.0 and have done everything as shown.

I'm a little bit confused about "ipaddr in l2.ini" part you mentioned above, could you please expand a little bit more on this? And how do you edit l2.ini, what tools are you using for editing?
dont touch anything in config, have everything on basic, just open ports, then donwload l2fileedit and open your l2.ini with it, there ip should be 127.0.0.1 and change it with ip you are using, i mean if its on your pc, use your ip, if its hosted, use hosts ip. in l2fileedit i just dont know if it's 413 protocol for assasin when saving

Offline FATCAT

• Vassal
dont touch anything in config, have everything on basic, just open ports, then donwload l2fileedit and open your l2.ini with it, there ip should be 127.0.0.1 and change it with ip you are using, i mean if its on your pc, use your ip, if its hosted, use hosts ip. in l2fileedit i just dont know if it's 413 protocol for assasin when saving

I'm not sure if I was clear enough, but I tried explaining two times already. "Dont touch anything in config" gives me this error:

I don't know how to explain this in other words  ;D

Online dramaa

• Elder
I'm not sure if I was clear enough, but I tried explaining two times already. "Dont touch anything in config" gives me this error:

I don't know how to explain this in other words  ;D

is xampp on? and i am getting "login server terminated abnormally" when i am closing it from task manager, so basically something forcing it to shut down.