L2JMobius

High Five Critical application Error - Login and Game Server

redpanda · 5 · 5392

Offline redpanda

• Vassal
Hi there,

having 2 issues with the server clusters:

No clue why ... tried MySQL 5.7, XAMPP, and so on. I cannot get past this issue here.
The window isn't showing at all after this error prompt. Stays hidden but visible at the task manager.

Same for the Gameserver, different issue:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\log.cfg (The system Cannot find the file specified)
   at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
   at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:212)
   at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:154)
   at org.l2jmobius.gameserver.GameServer.<init>(GameServer.java:191)
   at org.l2jmobius.gameserver.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:499)
Juni 01, 2020 3:33:49 AM org.l2jmobius.gameserver.model.World <init>
INFORMATION: World: (256 by 272) World Region Grid set up.
Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.l2jmobius.gameserver.ui.SystemPanel$1.run(SystemPanel.java:114)
   at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:556)
   at java.base/java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:506)

First I thought, using MySQL would be the issue (no errors at all, just the immense RAM usage up to 8GB and 5GB per module (doesn't hurt me, yet a lagging PC with i7-8700K and 64GB ram is ... odd compared to the emulation 5 years ago). No guides, no tutorials, everything obviously and clear. The usual "local IP, database creation, bla bla bla" and nothing seemed to work, yet everything was able to run without errors.
On my second run, followed your tutorial here, installed everything on C:\ and yet ... nothing differs.

Any help would be great.

Win10 1909, given java version installed, all files done correctly to the guide. I am running out of clues.

Addition:
Removed all passwords from any entry, mysql, server modules, config files, java, etc.
Same old error.
Cmon guys, is this forum dead already? I need some help.

Online G-hamsteR

• Viscount
Something went wrong while building from source. The log.cfg is missing from your game folder.

Game folder should have a log.cfg and also a logs folder.

Offline redpanda

• Vassal
My apologizes, but maybe it's not a build error. See this post for xampp. It seems similar to yours: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32839132/xampp-access-violation-at-address-005abeffe

Sadly that is not the issue with my error.
The log.cfg is inside the gameserver's root, the server instance (apache) is running as usual on port 80,433 and mysql on 3306.

I am able to connect to the database, view all tables and their columns. I am used to programming PHP-SQL stuff, and I am still wondering why this ain't working.
A MSSQL fetching application would have been better, since I am always having some issues with pServers running java. It is just annoying.
Even Dragonica back in 2010s was smoothly running on MSSQL, which has been programmed for that database structure. :(
Having wasted more than 5 hours into this bc kinda makes me want to delete all things together and carry on, tbh.

When running the login module, it just starts to crash XAMPP, but the Apache and MySQL instances are still running (processes viewable from the Taskmanager).